1. In this factory, suggestions often have to wait for months before they are fully _____.
A. admitted B. acknowledged C. absorbed D. considered
2. The boy slipped out of the room and headed for the swimming pool without his parents’ _____.
A. command B. conviction C. consent D. compromise
3. Our research has focused on a drug which is so _____ as to be able to change brain chemistry.
A. powerful B. influential C. monstrous D. vigorous
4. She was afraid that unless the train speeded up she would lose her _____ to Scotland.
A. ticket B. place C. seat D. connection
5. No one has _____ been able to trace the author of the poem.
A. still B. yet C. already D. just
6. More than one-third of the Chinese in the United States live in California, _____ in San Francisco.
A. previously B. predominantly C. practically D. permanently
7. The new secretary has written a remarkably _____ report only in a few pages but with all the details.
A. concise B. clear C. precise D. elaborate
8. The managing director took the _____ for the accident, although it was not really his fault.
A. guilt B. charge C. blame D. accusation
9. The worker agreed to _____ the strike if the company would satisfy their demands.
A. call for B. call forth C. call off D. call up
10. I could just see a car in the distance, but I couldn't _____ what color it was.
A. look out B. make out C. get across D. take after