1. Only in this way _____ progress in your English.
A. you make B. can you make
C. you be able to make D. will you able to make
2. The building _____ roof we can see is the Western Church.
A. its B. which C. whose D. who's
3. It _____ quite a few years _____ the accused was declared innocent and set free.
A. was; since B. is; that C. will be; when D. was; before
4. _____ their real economic situations, they got some relief fund from the government.
A. Considering B. Considered
C. Having been considered D. Being considered
5. Tina _____ have known the truth, or she would have told us.
A. mustn’t B. shouldn’t C. can’t D. needn’t
6. What do you mean ____ saying that you've never heard of it before?
A. in B. by C. as D. with
7. I like this house with a beautiful garden in front, but I don’t have enough money to buy ______.
A. one B. it C. this D. that
8. _______ he was ill, I was expected to take his place greatly surprised me for I didn’t have much working experience.
A. If B. That if C. That D. If that
9. We have no interest in the actress’s scandal, _____ has been the focus of the newspaper’s attention for months.
A. which B. what C. who D. that
10. On the next birthday, Ann___________ married for twenty years.
A. is B. has been
C. will be D. will have been